How frequently do air conditioners need servicing?
While it is necessary to get an AC serviced once in a while, homeowners often feel confused about the interval between each maintenance. Well, in case your air conditioner is an inverter AC and you would use it during the winter too, you need to service it twice a year. Ideally, the best times for this would be the spring and the fall.
During the spring maintenance, professionals tune up the AC and prepare it for the summer heat. In the fall, they would check out the furnace and make sure it is ready to keep your home warm in winter. They would look for potential problems and carry out Aircon fix as needed. However, if you need your AC only for cooling in summer, an annual maintenance in spring should be enough.
What does AC servicing include?
You might be wondering what a professional actually does while servicing an air conditioner. Especially if you clean the AC yourself at regular intervals, you might feel that professional servicing is unnecessary. However, that isn’t quite the case as AC servicing also includes:
- Lubricating different parts of an AC
- Inspection of all the components
- Testing and recalibration of the thermostat
- Checking the airflow
- Ensuring that the refrigerant levels are fine
- Repairing or replacing damaged parts
Thus, AC servicing is actually a rather comprehensive process of examining the air conditioner and fixing issues that may have cropped up. This doesn’t mean that you do not need to clean the filters every month or two. If you do not clean your AC regularly, the air quality would fall and power consumption would rise. Servicing simply includes a number of additional maintenance tasks that ensure the optimal functioning of the air conditioner.
Why do you need to service your AC regularly?
While there is some wiggle room and a short delay wouldn’t cause much harm, servicing your AC at least once a year is crucial due to the following reasons:
- Air quality: Professionals are thorough while cleaning and AC and take care to remove all toxins, thus improving the quality of the air it delivers.
- Efficiency: Regular servicing helps to keep an AC running more efficiently by lowering the power consumption.
- Preventive maintenance: Servicing an AC regularly eliminates a number of problems before they emerge and helps to fix issues at an early stage.
For air conditioning repairs, you would ideally want to rope in a reliable company with a good reputation. A well-established AC repairing and servicing company can provide you with quality spare parts, professional expertise, and a smooth experience.