During harsh weather, the very last thing you need to be coping with is noisy air conditioning. Millions of Australians rely on air conditioning for their required heating and cooling. Therefore it makes sense that all of us understand how an air conditioning system operates and can identify symptoms of damage and malfunction.
Air conditioner sounds are one of the most apparent possible problems. The presence of loud and strange sounds may indicate a significant condition. And if you can identify the issue early on, there’s a good chance you may keep your air con before it becomes irreparable. Active Refrigeration and Air Conditioning provides dependable and prompt air conditioning repairs Penrith.
Reasons Your Ac Is Making NoisesHere are six troublesome air conditioner sounds and their meanings so you can decide whether you need to call experts for air conditioning maintenance Penrith:
- Buzzing – It is doubtful that a swarm of honeybees would establish themselves inside an air conditioner. Therefore an electrical problem is more likely to be the source of buzzing sounds. The buzz might signal an electrical discharge caused by faulty or loose wiring, posing a safety concern and a potential fire threat.
- Humming – Most air conditioning machines emit a low-level humming noise, it’s quite typical. However, if the noise is louder than usual, the fan motor might have a defect.
- Squealing – A high-pitched squeak or squeal is one of the loudest sounds that an air conditioner may emit. The piercing sound may indicate that the belt on the blower motor has slipped and needs to be adjusted. The majority of modern systems no longer employ a belt system. Hence this issue is unique to earlier systems.
- Clicking or Fizzing – On startup, a single click or pop may indicate that the air conditioner is talking with the controller and is not cause for alarm. If clicking or popping sounds persist, there may be a problem. A malfunctioning relay or thermostat might be at blame. Whatever the cause, something needs replacement. Verify your warranty or contact an air conditioning specialist for the proper repair.
- Rattling – Rattling sounds are one of the most typical annoying sounds produced by an air conditioning unit. It is conceivable that debris has entered the system to rattle and irritate. Much more significant is that stray pieces have come off and are currently rattling in the ductwork or fan. In this situation, professional air conditioning maintenance Penrith would be necessary.
- Hissing – If your air conditioning unit emits a hissing sound, it might be due to a system-wide air leak or a gas leak in the compressor. An air leak is a more irritating problem than any other issue. However, a refrigerant leak is a cause for serious worry.
Why You Can’t Ignore AC Noises
When your air-con behaves abnormally, such as by producing noises or emitting odours, it is attempting to alert you to an issue that necessitates your attention. Neglecting strange sounds from your HVAC system might lead to minor problems that could be hazardous to the system’s health over time.
At Active Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, we offer the best air conditioning maintenance Penrith and air conditioning repairs Penrith. For more information, please call us at 0419 205 607. You can also send us your queries via this Online Form.